Life on the Open Road (part 2)

 

    Hello every-body!!! So today, June 4, 2021, marks exactly 5 weeks that my wife and I have been living full time in our RV. We have been in the same place since we moved in, right here in Central Texas, at a NEW RV PARK called Belaire Junction. This is a FANTASTIC park, and I will tell you more about it in an upcoming post/review. Trust me, it will be worth the wait.

    The purpose of THIS post is to say that we are preparing to leave this location and begin our summer travels next week. As this day approaches, I feel confident that we are almost fully prepared to take our Maiden/Shake Down voyage. We have not actually pulled our 5th Wheel yet as we did not have the vehicle to pull it with until after we moved in. (We had it transported to our current location). So, now we have the vehicle, it’s a Ford F-350 DRW Super Duty. Plenty of pulling power. Let me explain some of the lingo for those of you reading this that are not familiar with RV life terminology. A shake down voyage is when you feel comfortable that everything is stowed securely in your RV while you are pulling it down the road. Once you reach your destination and get set up you look around to see what was secured and what was “shaken down” (or moved or fell). The more you learn, the more organized you become which results in less things you have to worry about shaking or moving around during travel time.

    So, as our “shake down” voyage approaches, I am aware of a couple things that I need to address. Particularly in our pantry, the shelves are not sturdy, in fact they feel like sheets of wall paneling. So, this weekend I will be reinforcing those so that they do not collapse under the weight of our canned goods bouncing during travel time. We also will be buying some crates/totes to put the things we have on cabinets into and will be setting those on the floor between our slide outs. We will need to make sure our televisions are locked in, furniture secured and last-minute checks for any loose items that we don’t want to break during trave.

    Then, before travel I need to disconnect power, water, and sewer, and make sure to flush out our grey and black water tanks and lines. (Grey and Black water is your wastewater). Once all is disconnected, I will need to stow everything in their respective storage compartments and then prepare to hook up. This next item is important also. I will need to grease my 5th wheel plate in the back of the truck as well as the king pin plate on the RV. This is important because that is basically metal on metal and if it is not properly lubricated it will make a screeching noise that can send shivers down the spine of a skeleton.

    I know this may sound like a lot of stuff to worry about and I am not trying to dissuade anybody from getting an RV and living the RV life. Honestly, we are having a blast and all the little prep stuff is very well worth it. It just takes proper planning and execution, and life is GREAT!!!!

For a full list of RV essentials, Please visit my website at https://robs411.com/ and/or my linktree site at https://linktr.ee/TCHRpro Until Next time, Stay Safe and God Bless You All!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life on the Open Road

Build Better Websites & Funnels NOW!!!